Canadian Historian Pierre Burton once referred to Great George Street as,"... the most important street in Canada".
He was referring of course to 1864 when the Fathers of Confederation walked up Great George Street in Charlottetown to Province House, where PEI became known as the Birthplace of Canada.
In addition to such a historic streetscape in the heart of our capital city, The Great George is just footsteps from:
• St. Dunstan's Basilica Church
• The Historic Charlottetown Waterfront
• Victoria Row
• The Confederation Centre of the Arts
• Confederation Landing Park
• Founders Hall
• Many Shops, Boutiques and Restaurants
We're also within a short 20 minute drive of:
• Cavendish and the home of Anne of Green Gables
• Sandy beaches
• Coastal drives
• Numerous award-winning golf courses
• Beautiful nature trails and parks
Our Concierge will gladly point you in the right direction with detailed city maps and suggestions when you travel Prince Edward Island.